Friday, February 25, 2011

Lady not feeling well....

Lady is 11 or 12 years old
It’s been a couple of weeks now that Lady has just not been herself. We've been together almost 3 years. You really get to know the energy and personality of your adopted senior dog after just a few months. One thing that Lady has always had is spunk! You can see it in her eyes, the way she carries herself and how she affectionately greets every human she comes in contact with. Recently when I was sick with the flu, she seemed to be unusually reserved. It was obvious that Lady was not use to me spending days in bed and shuffling around with no energy, so I didn't give it much thought. Shortly after I began to recover, she started to turn away from her food. THIS was very unusual, but I thought at first that she had tired quickly of her new food (extremely high quality, but had a slight fishy smell). We quickly went back to her favorite venison and sweet potato, but her inattention continued.

Trip to the vet: X-rays and blood test, nothing jumps out to indicate infection. Valley fever test was negative. However, the x-ray indicated that Lady has an enlarged liver. Explains why she has lost interest in eating. Monday we will go to an internal medicine vet who will examine Lady with an ultrasound system. Hope to know more then.

Here is the best on-line reference that I have found on this subject:

If you know of a better one and/or a naturopathic resource that you trust, please send it on.

Now that I think about it, the last few weeks her belly has been a little “tighter” than normal when I give her the belly rubs she loves so much. Lady still eats a little, several times a day. She is happy and as enthusiastic as she can be about going for walks. She loves me feeding her chicken and applesauce by hand (hey, who wouldn't). Her energy level is way down, but she still displays her happy tail.
I’ll post again after Monday’s appointment.

16 comments:

Amber-Mae said...

Oh dear, poor Lady. I'm praying she feels better soon & will start getting back her appetite again.

rookiewriter said...

Lady,what's wrong girl? I hope you feel better soon.

JacksDad said...

Sending all my best wishes your way!!

♥I am Holly♥ said...

We will be praying for Lady. Lots of love, Debbie and Holly

Homer said...

Hey darling Lady,

I hope it's nothing serious and I hope your apertite has improved.

Sending you lots of waggy tails.

Love,
Homer

PS: Have you try roast chicken? They are one of my favourites and it's yummy!

Golden Daily Scoop said...

Sending lots of thoughts, prayers and love!

xoxo
Miley and Maggie

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Sending you Lots of Golden Healing Thoughts n LOVE. Belly Rubs n Chicken is always the best remedy. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Sheila and Bob said...

We are praying that Lady will be feeling better real soon and that whatever the problem is it can be treated.


Sheila & Bob
Hamish & Rescue Sophie

Angel Tucker, Daisy and Leo said...

Poor Lady

We hope she feels better soon. We will keep our paws crossed.

Tucker and Daisy

Kari in Alaska said...

Please feel better soon!

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

As we've pawing woo, we are hoping Lady feels better soon -

AND we are glad you've shared her discomforts/etc with the blog world -

There are LOTS of resources available through all of us -

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Tucker said...

Oh Lady I hopes eveything is ok and you gets better soon.

woof - Tucker

Meeka said...

Hi Lady,
I hope it's nothing serious and you feel better soon.
How about some scrambled eggs toppped on your kibble?
Take care.
Meeka

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I'm so, so sorry to read that Lady isn't feeling well!! I know it's easier said than done to tell you not to think 'the worst case scenario' KT, because I know your head is filled with all the 'what if's.' I'm sending positive thoughts and energy and prayers in your direction that the answers are found and it's not anything serious. Please let us know KT and give Lady a hug from all of us!!

How Sam Sees It said...

We will be keeping paws crossed!

Sam

Sierra Rose said...

Oh Lady! We're thinking about you sweetie pie. Chicken & applesause sounds fantastic.

Sweet hugs,
Sierra Rose

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...