Sunday, January 1, 2012

Bubba, I'll miss you.....

I first (virtually) met the Chub Brothers in June of 2010. They were the newest additions to the "cheaper by the dozen"  paradise called Golden Pines. As I read their story and followed their indoctrination into Life at Golden Pines, I thought that these two would be the perfect companions for my confident, gregarious, adopted Golden named Lady. This of course, was only a fantasy. Lovettsville, VA was 3000 miles away; hardly practical. There was something about these two, I was completely smitten. The brothers were named Bubba and Toby and they were both "hefty" boys that needed less food and more exercise. It was eventually discovered that Bubba had a medical condition that caused him to experience seizures; damn scary ones. The medication was expensive and it was unclear where the funds would come from. We volunteered to "adopt" Bubba by sponsoring his medication expenses. This was the best I could do without actually bringing him into our home (Toby would have to come too of course). I could still be their Uncle KT, living vicariously through the blogging prowess of Kim at GPs. Then there was good news; being a permanent foster guest at Golden Pines, the rescue group stepped up to make sure Bubba was well cared for in the medication department.

For 18 months, via blog postings and email, I kept close tabs on my Chub Brothers (I get to say that, 'cause I named them!). With a heavy heart I must report that Bubba left for the bridge yesterday, fading away peacefully with the family he loved watching over him at Golden Pines: Toby, Sam, Kim, Carl and the rest of the pack. It has taken me a couple of days to write this post, because I just didn't know how to tell the story of being emotionally invested in two sweet, chubby Goldens living 3000 miles away. As you can see, I have succumbed to the power of the paw. Fly free sweet Bubba. Lady will be there to show you around. She's like that you know.

My heartfelt condolences to Kim and Carl at Golden Pines. I continue to be in awe of the generosity, spirit and kindness that you posses, giving so many senior Goldens a place to call home when they were in need. Animo pia.

Bubba, the newest star in the sky



8 comments:

Mogley G. Retriever said...

We are so sad that another great boy has gone from your life.

We will have our paws crossed for him and his memory.

Mogley G Retriever

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

We are so very sorry to hear of your loss....even though it was a "far away" loss..it was still a very painful loss. Rest in Peace sweet Bubba and run free and young again at the Bridge.

How Sam Sees It said...

We've lost so many good pups lately - Farley just passed away too. We gave our boys a few extra hugs tonight.

Sam

Sheila and Bob said...

Many of our wonderful Goldens have made the trip to the Rainbow Bridge.
So hard for all of us. Though many of us have never met and probably never will we are united in love for animals and Goldens in particular.


Sheila & Bob
Hamish & Sophie

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

KT & Easton, thank-you for this kind, kind tribute and for being the cheerleaders and the safety net for Bubba. You've no idea what that meant and what it means. You made a difference, and for that and your friendship, I will always be indebted to you...

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

We were so sad to see about Bubba -

And are still in shock and numb about Farley -

BUT I'm sure Lady is making both of them feel welcome!

Golden Samantha said...

Oh no! We have been so neglectful of our blog for a while - a crazy year... we have missed being in touch. So sad to read that Bubba crossed the Rainbow Bridge - yes, Kim and Carl are truly amazing, but so are you. Experienced goosebumps reading your post - what a special and generous thing of YOU to do. I'm sure Lady has already welcomed Bubba and introduced him to her pals...
xo
Sammie, Avalon and Miche

All4UrPet said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss... it's amazing what the blogging community can do, and how you can feel emotionally invested in someone you have never met before. That's what I love about this community... you can feel the love from everyone all around especially in the hard times. I'm sure Bubba is looking down on everyone he cared about and who cared about him right now. I wish you and Bubba all the best.

LizAnn

All4UrPet Representative

http://all4urpet.com/



Check out the App store for Android and iPhone to download our mobile application! Simply search All4UrPet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...