Thursday, April 1, 2010

Staying on the subject of dog toys

Today I received an email from a reliable dog person about giving your dog a child's stuffed animal, the dog eating the stuffing out of it and getting sick or dying because of certain chemicals used on said stuffing. I researched it and found a posting on Snopes.com. Here is the link, you can make up your own mind.

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/stuffedtoys.asp

Note: I have allowed one of my Goldens (Sunny) to pick out his own stuffed child's toy from a giant pile at a garage sale. This was 14 years ago and I had never heard of this before. However, Sunny never ate the stuffing. He just carried it around.


Sometime, its hard to find your way !!

6 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Thanks for sharing the Snopes link -

We've seen the info from assorted emails/blog posts and also saw the Snopes link -

As fur those signs: WOW...khwite the khluster!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Thor and Jack said...

Thanks for sharing that info.
My, so many signs!
Thor

Olive said...

Thanks for that..interesting...

Which way to go?? I am not sure I would know which sign to follow!! BOL!!

Licks from me!!

Olive

Sierra Rose said...

Yeah. We heard that as well. It is really a tragedy...and what goes in to our children's TOYS!!!! I have not destroyed a stuffy, but we do have a few non-doggie ones around... will be careful for sure! :)

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

How Sam Sees It said...

I think it all goes to watching what your dog plays with. They can easily choke on small parts or the normal cotton can make them sick. Sam has several human bears, and we keep an eye on them to make sure they are in good repair.

Sam

Lori said...

Came by to wish you a Happy Easter!

T.J.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...