Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Poem for The Precious Golden Oldies

Lady

With still so many sunrises and sunsets yet to enjoy;
Would love to spend them with you, my tennis ball
and maybe a favorite toy.
You know…someone no longer wanted me,
and decided to just give me up;
Was it because I was no longer a fuzzy, yellow pup?
I'm so proud to be a precious Golden Oldie, and
that fact is very true;
With so much love yet to give…can I spend my
"golden" years with you?
It would be heavenly to rest my head upon your lap,
with your arms enfolding me;
And once again feel safe and loved, with us
just sitting under a majestic, old tree.
I've come such a long way…and my journey has been
extremely hard;
Would love to just sit by your side, or peacefully roam
around in the yard.
So won't you please adopt me soon, and my "new life's story"
can begin to unfold;
For as we all know, there is nothing quite as nice,
as precious old gold!

Easton

5 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Woo KNOW Merdie khonkhurs!

Maxmom said...

Beautiful, heart-felt poem.
The price of wisdom is old age.
Sending lotsaluv from South Africa

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Very Nice KT. Sweet! Love it!!! Golden Seniors are the BEST! Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Sheila and Bob said...

Could read that over and over.

Sheila & Bob

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I don't know where you got this KT, did you write it? However you came to post this, I'm so glad that you did--What a touching verse!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...